Thursday, October 18, 2012

SWOT chart


In our PPP session we used a SWOT chart to define our strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. These are a valuable way to gain insight on what you can do to improve your work and develop as a practitioner.

Here's mine!

From this chart I've realised that I really need to showcase my art more, and also present it at a more professional level. I need to take part in more events/competitions, and also in particular work on myself as a person and develop my self-confidence and communication skills. In this industry, you can't just sit back and expect other people to come to you and offer you work - you have to be out there, searching and ready to deal with whatever comes your way, whether that's rejections, critiques or work opportunities, and you need to have the confidence to get through it all and not give in.

No comments:

Post a Comment