Development of the main character for our game cinematic, from initial coloured design ideas to the finished turnaround.
I thought I didn't need to completely render out the dress as the details of the patchwork design will most likely change when we come to create the textures, this is mainly so that we can get started on the modelling as soon as possible. I'll need to create a more detailed design for the goggles as that will be a fairly intricate part of the model.
I wanted to make sure that the outfit was suitable for her character - she is a lab assistant, so I didn't want her to be too prim and pretty like many steampunk female characters. I also didn't want to overload her with accessories as that'd be impractical. Yet at the same time, her outfit needed to be eyecatching and stand out from the surroundings, so I thought I would add a patchwork and green striped design to her skirt.
Hopefully I haven't been too ambitious and will actually be able to model this!