Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Gingerbread house modelling progress



Here is a snapshot of roughly where I'm up to with my model. At this point I decided to pop it into Unity to get an idea of how the player would navigate around it. I came to the conclusion that the hill is far too steep to climb up easily, so I will be modifying that...

I ensured that high-poly parts of the model such as the dripping icing were only one-sided where needed (such as where it's stuck to the roof). Not only will this make texturing easier, it'll save on a lot of polys and therefore render time.

I've decided that it won't be possible to enter the house (it's far too small to really have anything worth exploring inside), instead I'll be focussing on the atmosphere surrounding it and trying to encourage the player's curiosity.


No comments:

Post a Comment