Saturday, October 29, 2011

Well... here's my first try at a flip-book animation!

I'm not overly happy with it. The drawings wobble about quite a lot due to slight changes in size and proportions, and I think the scene I chose was too limited and didn't show any clear expression, which is possibly the main point of animation. (The second one was a rather messy attempt at doing something more action-related).

I found it a little difficult trying to get her the same size on each page without the aid of a lightbox or tracing paper, so on my next try at traditional animation I plan to spend more time on the drawing and ensuring it appears consistent.


it's meant to show her spotting a bird, reaching out to hold it, and then feeling sad when it flies straight by.

No comments:

Post a Comment